Nigerians are beginning to ask if the new banknotes have already been counterfeited. This is coming after a viral social media post purports to show what was allegedly fake 1,000 naira notes of the recently released bank notes received by a Point of Sale (PoS) operator.
The post showed the alleged fake notes alongside original notes for people to tell the difference.
All these is happening barely four days after the Central Bank of Nigeria, (CBN) began roll out the newly redesign naira notes on 15 December, 2022.
- How To Make Money on Facebook
- How to start a money lending business in Nigeria
- 8 Easy Ways To Make Money With Your Phone As a Nigerian
- Best Apps To Invest In Cryptocurrency
The Central Bank of Nigeria has released details of the security features on the newly redesigned Naira notes to enable its fight against counterfeiting.
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE OVER 100K MONTHLY ONLINE?. SEE HOW I MADE OVER 100K FROM VIRALTREND. CLICK HERE AND READ HOW I DID IT.
Wait, I want to show you the easiest way to make money online in Nigeria for almost free. You can make up to 100,000 Naira per month. Click here and join our make money online Whatsapp group.
How to know fake and original 1000 naira note
- Intaglio: This is when the image on the naira note is incised into a surface, and the incised line or sunken area holds the ink.
- Portrait watermark: A watermark is a logo, piece of text, or signature superimposed onto a photograph. Watermarks are typically transparent, so those viewing the image can still admire it. The new naira notes’ watermark is in portrait form, as seen in the illustrations.
- Optically Viable Ink (OVI): The light reflects off OVI security ink when viewed at an angle. The light makes the ink’s colour appear different compared to looking at it straight. In many use cases, OVI may be transparent when viewed directly but takes on colour when viewed at an angle. For instance, the OVI in the new naira notes changes from blue to green with a change in the view angle.
- Kinegram: This is one of the easiest ways to identify counterfeit notes. It provides quality identification and security features for the new naira notes. The Kinegram is made of an image of the Nigerian Coat of Arms in the original new ₦1000 note.
- Iridescent band: A symbol at the top of the new ₦1000 note changes when seen from different angles.
- Engraved portrait: The picture of Nnamdi Azikiwe on the new ₦500 note is being carved into a surface. The portrait is painted or sketched on the right side to enable you to identify the original.
The original naira has features that are visible under ultraviolet light; for example, the serial number on each banknote is black, but would turn green under ultraviolet light.