The Bank Verification Number (BVN) has become an essential element of banking in Nigeria, serving as a unique identifier for individuals across various approved banks.
If you are a UBA (United Bank for Africa) account holder and must verify or retrieve your BVN, this article will guide you through the process. Understanding how to check BVN on UBA can save you time and provide peace of mind regarding the security of your financial transactions.
Please stay and read to the end!
What Is BVN, And Why Is It Important?
The Bank Verification Number (BVN) is a unique identification number assigned to individuals in the Nigerian banking system. It serves as a centralized means of verifying and authenticating the identity of bank customers across multiple financial institutions in Nigeria.
The BVN is an 11-digit number linked to an individual’s biometric information, such as fingerprints and facial recognition data. Before now, people usually save their BVNs on their phones for easy access or reference, but at times, criminals still access their BVNs through their devices.
Instead of risking your finances by saving your BVN to your devices, you can apply the methods discussed in this article. The BVN holds significant importance for several reasons, including;
- Financial security
- Financial inclusion
- Fraud prevention
- Identity verification
How To Check BVN On UBA
There are various ways to check your BVN on UBA. None is superior to each other. You only choose the method that is most convenient for you. These methods are;
- Via USSD code
- Via Mobile app
- Through internet banking
How To Check BVN On UBA Via USSD Code
The first method we will explore is the USSD code. The USSD code or PIN is a shortcode that enables UBA customers to access their BVN anytime and anywhere without inconvenience.
Here is the procedure to apply this method;
- Open your phone or device dialer
- Dial *565*0# on the phone number linked with your BVN.
- Your BVN will be shown on the screen of your device within some seconds.
- Dial *919*18#
- Follow the onscreen instructions
- Your BVN will be displayed on your phone’s screen.
This method is simple. However, you must have at least N20 airtime on your phone number before applying this method. Also, it works on any network, provided it is linked to your BVN.
How To Check BVN On UBA Via Mobile App
Another method of checking your BVN on UBA is through your UBA mobile bank app. This method is fast but requires a strong internet connection. Follow the guide below;
- Download the UBA bank app from any of your preferred Play Stores.
- Log in with your bank details.
- Tap on the Menu Icon
- Choose Profile
- Click on Details
- Your details will be displayed on your screen.
How To Check BVN On UBA Through Internet Banking
You can also check your BVN by logging into the official portal of UBA with your bank details and then navigating the site to see your BVN. For better understanding, follow the steps below;
- Visit the UBA Official Website: To begin the process, access the official UBA website by typing “www.ubagroup.com” into your web browser’s address bar. This will take you to the UBA homepage, which offers various banking services and information.
- Navigate to the BVN Portal: Once on the UBA homepage, look for the navigation menu or search for the BVN portal. Depending on the website’s layout and updates, the BVN portal may be found under headings such as “Customer Support,” “Account Services,” or “Banking Tools.” Click on the appropriate link to proceed.
- Locate the BVN Check Option: Upon entering the BVN portal, you will likely find a menu or dropdown options offering different BVN-related services. Look for the “Check BVN” or similar option, as this will allow you to verify or retrieve your BVN information.
- Input Required Details: After selecting the “Check BVN” option, a form or prompt will appear, asking for specific information to validate your identity. Typically, this will include details such as your full name, phone number, date of birth, and possibly your account number or other relevant information. Ensure the information provided matches the details linked to your UBA account.
- Verify and Retrieve BVN: Once you have accurately entered the required details, double-check for any errors or typos before submitting the form—please take a moment to review the information to ensure its accuracy. Click the “Submit” or “Verify” button to initiate the BVN retrieval process.
- Receive BVN Details: After submitting the form, the UBA system will verify your provided information against their records. If the details match, you will receive your BVN information. The BVN is typically a unique 11-digit number assigned to each individual, which serves as a crucial identifier in Nigeria’s banking system.
If you try these methods that are not convenient for you, or maybe you do not have access to your phone or device, you can head to the nearest UBA bank branch with your details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I check my BVN on my phone?
Yes, you can check your BVN on your phone by simply dialing *565*0# on the phone number linked with your BVN.
How do I check my BVN online?
To check your BVN online, you need to log in to the official portal of your bank with your bank details. Then navigate through the site to retrieve your BVN.
Remember that you need a strong internet connection to access the website.
How do I check my BVN with another number?
You can only check your BVN with another number if the number is linked with your BVN. If not, you may not be able to do that. And sadly, you will be charged N20 for the service whether it was successful or not.
Knowing how to check your BVN on UBA is vital for maintaining secure and hassle-free banking experiences. By following the steps outlined in each method in this guide, you can quickly check your BVN through the UBA official. Remember, it is crucial to keep your BVN confidential and secure to protect your financial well-being.
Feel free to share your thoughts and ask us questions in the comments section below.