Hi, our beloved readers, you are welcome back again to in-depth making money guide. Today we will review on how to become an Opay POS Agent, if you have been having questions bothering you like, How do I start a pos business with opay POS myachine?. Consider yourself lucky as you have arrived at the right place.
Opay POS is just an awesome POS terminal in its world and it’s commonly the most used terminal in Nigeria. It has a reliable network and reasonable charges.
Currently, in Nigeria especially Lagos State precisely, you find it very difficult to see like five (5) mobile banking agents without seeing at least 3 Opay POS terminals among them. But the happiest part of it is that, it’s very simple and also free of charge to get an Opay POS machine comparing to Commercial Bank Terminals.
How do I apply or request for Opay POS Machine ?
Fortunately, getting an Opay POS machine is pretty easy. We know you really want to know how to get one that’s why we are here to guide you through. So, if you actually wish to get an Opay POS machine then kindly follow the steps below.
Note: You must download their app first before proceeding and it will be downloaded on your Smart phone ( Android device ) or on iOS and ensure to use the app constantly.
How to apply for the Machine;
- Click on my pos icon
- Ensure to fill your details correctly as required
- Then, upload your bank statement. You are qualified for it when you have made a transaction of at least 1.5 million naira.
- Endeavor to upload your valid ID card
- Capture a picture of your workspace environment and send.
After a successful submittion of the form, it will be pending for review. Once the form is accepted, a caution fees would be deducted from your Opay wallet with the sum of N20,000. The motive behind the deduction of such amount of money is because if the agent feel like returning the machine back due to one thing or the other, this money will be refunded back to the agent if he or she maintains the machine in a good condition.
Although, there is another way of getting an Opay POS Machine which is through a verified aggregator. The aggregator mush have a physical office because there are scammers on Facebook which are using the name of Opay for advert. Therefore, before paying money or anything to anyone, you are advised to visit his or her office first. As Opay will not be held responsible if you are being scammed.
What are the Opay POS charges ?
There are two segments of Opay POS charges, check below;
- Preferred Agent:
Amount: N0 to N10,000 = 0.5%
N10,001 to N20,000 = 0.5%
20,000 to 100,000 = N100
Above N100,000 = N150
0 to N20,000 = N10
From N20,000 and above = N20
- Regular Agent:
0 to N10,000 = 0.6%
N10,001 to N20,000 = 0.6%
N20,000 to N100,000 = N100
Above N100,000 = N150
0 to N20,000 = N10
N20,000 and above = N20 to N50
Opay customer service
Unfortunately, when it comes to customer service rating, Opay customer care representatives are very bad and not encouraging at all. Their social media handle is partially recommended for anyone with interest of contacting them as it seems more responsive than their call center. Probably, you wouldn’t be attended when you actually need them the most.
Their Network is fairly okay, it can be rated as 82% Uptime and 18% Downtime. So, this seems inconveniences to many agents. But the happiest of it is that when they are having network failure, they always try to rectify it as soon as possible. In some cases, the network failure happens as a result from the service provider that’s (NIBSS) which equally affect any other pos under it.
Types of Opay POS Terminal
Opay POS has three types of Terminals, which are;
- Android POS: This is really the best among them all. This Android pos can print, check customers account balance and also runs on the Google operating system. It’s free of charge, all interested persons are allowed to collect it once he or she has the sum of N20,000 as the caution fees. But it’s quite unfortunate that this Android pos is currently not available at the moment.
- Anolog POS: This type of pos terminal worths N10,000 and this N10,000 stands as the caution fees. This version is not that stable comparing with the Android version but any inconveniences agents are currently experiencing are being fixed as updates roll out. This analog pos and the Android pos have some certain features mutually.
- Pinpad: This type of Terminals is a mobile pos that seems to be like that of Paycentre and baxi Mpos which required andriod device before it can be used properly as it has an external Bluetooth printer. You are eligible to apply for this type of mobile pos once you have reached the requirement.
How to carry out a careless withdrawal on analog pos
Below are the steps to follow to perform a careless withdrawal on analog or traditional pos.
- Go to the menu
- Press 5 ( Opay )
- Scroll down the arrow cursor
- Press 7 to select careless withdrawal
- Input the amount you wish to withdraw
- Press 1 to scan the bank list
- Press the down arrow cursor button to see more banks
- Once the customer have put the USSD code on his or her phone to print out the receipt. Finally, press enter.
How to make money as an Opay agent ?
This is the most interesting part which everybody really want to know because in anything you do, the outcome is your achievement. The truth must be told.
Opay agents normally make money through the charges that they usually charge every customer on every single successful transaction. For instance, if a customer wish to withdraw N10,000 and Opay agent charges him or her N200 that means the agent would have a profit of N150 while the remaining N50 is for the transaction charge.
Is this article helpful?
Feel free to drop your comment below.