Fort McMurray, as an oil boomtown, has some of the most expensive real estate in Canada. Protecting this investment is critical, as Fort McMurray residents understand better than anyone. In this post, we will look at the best house insurance Fort McMurray.
What Does House Insurance Fort McMurray Home Cover?
Every Fort McMurray house insurance policy is unique, which is why it’s critical to understand what’s included in yours. When it comes to home insurance in Fort McMurray, you have many options, including coverage, deductible, and policy limits (the maximum amount that is paid out in the event of a covered claim).
Home insurance in Fort McMurray typically covers three major areas of protection:
- Liability to Third Parties
- Damage to Property
- Extra Living Expenses
Liability to Third Parties
This section of your Fort McMurray home insurance provides coverage in the event that someone is injured or their property is damaged while visiting your home. Assuming someone comes to your house and trips going down the stairs to the bathroom. They eventually break their leg. They sue you to compensate them for the costs of their medical care and recovery time. In such a case, your Fort McMurray home insurance may help cover your expenses.
Damage to Property
Your Fort McMurray home insurance can help protect you if your home and belongings are damaged or destroyed as a result of the following events:
- Fire (including wildfire) (including wildfire)
- Pipes that have burst
- Objects that fall
- Vehicle or aircraft collision
- Overland water (flood)* Earthquake* Sewer backup
Some of the above-mentioned causes of damage, denoted by an asterisk, necessitate the purchase of additional coverage (referred to as endorsements in insurance parlance) and may not be available to all homeowners. This is not an exhaustive list, and your Fort McMurray home insurance will vary depending on your insurer and coverage options.
Your home insurance can assist you in recovering if your home and its contents are destroyed or damaged. In general, this includes funds to help you repair or rebuild your home as well as replace your belongings, which may include appliances, furniture, clothing, and other items. It’s critical to choose the right policy limit for your property damage coverage – you want to make sure it reflects the value of what you’ll need to replace.
Some items, such as expensive bicycles, jewelry, art, and collections, may necessitate additional coverage to ensure their safety. If you have any of these items or have any other questions about what is covered, contact one of our Fort McMurray home insurance brokers.
Extra Living Expenses
This coverage protects you if you are compelled to leave your home due to a mandatory evacuation or an insured claim. It can help cover the additional costs associated with being forced to leave your home, such as extra transportation and lodging.
Choosing the House Insurance Fort McMurray
Don’t worry if you’re not sure how much or what kind of Fort McMurray house insurance you require. Work with a Rogers insurance broker to go over all of your options and help you determine your needs while staying within your budget.
It’s critical to have adequate home insurance coverage in Fort McMurray so you don’t end up with a huge financial burden after a disaster, but you also don’t want to overpay for insurance. That’s where a broker comes in.
How much does home insurance in Fort McMurray cost?
A variety of factors influence your Fort McMurray home insurance premiums, including:
- Your residence’s age
- The age and type of your roof, as well as the internal systems such as heating, electrical, and plumbing
- Your neighborhood and city, including crime rates, natural disaster frequency, and more.
- Your proximity to potential hazards such as rivers.
- The distance between you and the nearest fire hydrant and fire station.
- Security systems in your home, such as smoke detectors, cameras, and exterior lighting.
- If you have a swimming pool or a trampoline.
- Your claim and insurance history.
- Your credit score.
- Your home insurance coverage options, including policy limits and deductibles.
- All of these factors influence your home insurance premiums because they help insurance companies predict the likelihood of a claim. The higher your Fort McMurray home insurance rates, the riskier you are deemed to be. However, there are some steps you can take, such as installing security features and damage mitigation devices (such as sump pumps).
How much does Fort McMurray home insurance cost on average?
Check out the figures below:
- On average, home insurance in Fort McMurray costs $177 per month.
- Monthly home insurance in Fort McMurray ranges from $78 to $278.
- On average, home insurance in Fort McMurray costs $2,134 per year.
- The annual cost of home insurance in Fort McMurray ranges from $931 to $3,337.
Best Fort McMurray home insurance Brokers
Since 1977, Rogers insurance have been a reputable insurance broker in Alberta. They can provide true choice and competition for your business as one of Canada’s leading and largest independent insurance brokerages. They work with numerous Fort McMurray home insurance companies to provide competitive quotes.
Contact them if you’re unsure where to begin or simply want to compare prices. They believe in a hands-on, human-first approach to Fort McMurray home insurance, and you’ll notice it in their customer service. You can get a Fort McMurray home insurance quote online, over the phone, or in person.
You can contact them with the information below:
- 800 – 1331 Macleod Trail SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0K3
- 1.866.212.3239 (Emergency Claims)
- Mon – Fri 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Red Deer
- 1110 – 5001 19 St
Red Deer, AB T4R 3R1
- *A division of Rogers Insurance Canada Ltd.
- 1.866.938.5685 (Emergency Claims)
- Mon – Fri 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Fort McMurray
- 10016 Franklin Ave
Fort McMurray, AB T9H 2K6
- 1.866.876.3663 (Emergency Claims)
- Mon-Fri 9:00am – 5:00pm
There are not an insurance provider but an insurance broker. That means they search on your behalf for the coverage that’s best for you, so you don’t have to.
And the best part? You’ll be rewarded with 2X the regular PC Optimum points when you pay your premium with your PC Financial MasterCard or bank card. PC Optimum points add up fast and can be used towards food, fashion, home furnishings, and more at participating stores where President’s Choice® products are sold. You can contact them with the information below:
Contact us by phone
Claims / 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
Sales, service or changes to an existing policy:
8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays
Contact us electronically
Service or changes to an existing policy: