Have you been searching for 2022/2023 jamb Syllabus for Mathematics? Do you wish to download the 2022/2023 Jamb Mathematics syllabus ? Then this post is for you. Sit back and enjoy your reading.
SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
Jamb Mathematics Syllabus 2022/2023
JAMB Mathematics Syllabus is to prepare candidates for JAMB Examination. It contains topics as well as subtopics which students are to study for their JAMB Examination. The aim of this syllabus is to help student prepare for their examination and to test the achievement of the course objectives. The course objectives include:
- Acquire computational and manipulative skills;
- Develop precise, logical, and formal reasoning skills;
- Develop deductive skills in interpretation of graphs, diagrams, and data;
- Apply mathematical concepts to resolve issues in daily living
Jamb Syllabus for Mathematics 2022/2023
Jamb syllabus for mathematics is divided into five section.
Section A: Number and Numeration
1. Number Base:
- Operations in different number bases from 2 to 10;
- Conversion from one base to another including fractional parts.
2. Fractions, Decimals, Approximation, and Percentage:
- Fractions and decimals;
- Significant figures;
- Decimal places;
- Percentage errors;
- Simple interest;
- Profit and loss percent;
- Ratio, proportion, and rate;
- Shares and value-added tax (VAT).
3. Indices, Logarithm, and Surds:
- Laws of indices;
- Standard form;
- Laws of logarithm;
- Logarithm of any positive number to a given base;
- Change of bases in logarithm and application;
- Relationship between indices and logarithm;
- Types of sets
- Algebra of sets
- Venn diagrams and their applications.
Section B: Algebra
- Change of subject of the formula
- Factor and remainder theorems
- Factorization of polynomials of degree not exceeding 3.
- Multiplication and division of polynomials
- Roots of polynomials not exceeding degree 3
- Simultaneous equations including one linear one quadratic;
- Graphs of polynomials of degree not greater than 3.
- Percentage increase and decrease.
- Analytical and graphical solutions of linear inequalities;
- Quadratic inequalities with integral roots only.
- nth term of a progression
- sum of A. P. and G. P.
5. Binary Operations;
- Properties of closure, commutativity, associativity, and distributivity;
- Identity and inverse elements (simple cases only).
6. Matrices and Determinants;
- Algebra of matrices not exceeding 3 x 3;
- Determinants of matrices not exceeding 3 x 3;
- Inverses of 2 x 2 matrices [excluding quadratic and higher degree equations].
Section C: Geometry and Trigonometry
1. Euclidean Geometry;
- Properties of angles and lines
- Polygons: triangles, quadrilaterals and general polygons;
- Circles: angle properties, cyclic quadrilaterals and intersecting chords;
- Lengths and areas of plane geometrical figures;
- Lengths of arcs and chords of a circle;
- Perimeters and areas of sectors and segments of circles;
- Surface areas and volumes of simple solids and composite figures;
- The earth as a sphere:- longitudes and latitudes.
- Locus in 2 dimensions based on geometric
- Principles relating to lines and curves.
4. Coordinate Geometry;
- Midpoint and gradient of a line segment;
- Distance between two points;
- Parallel and perpendicular lines;
- Equations of straight lines.
- Trigonometrical ratios of angels;
- Angles of elevation and depression;
- Areas and solutions of triangle;
- Graphs of sine and cosine;
- Sine and cosine formulae.
Section D: Calculus
- Limit of a function
- Differentiation of explicit algebraic and simple trigonometrical functions – sine, cosine and tangent.
2. Application of Differentiation;
- Rate of change;
- Maxima and minima.
- Integration of explicit algebraic and simple trigonometrical functions;
- Area under the curve.
Section E: Statistic
1. Representation of Data;
- Frequency distribution;
- Histogram, bar chart, and pie chart.
2. Measures of Location;
- Mean, mode, and median of ungrouped and grouped data – (simple cases only);
- Cumulative frequency.
3. Measures of Dispersion;
- Range, mean deviation, variance and standard deviation.
4. Permutation and Combination;
- Linear and circular arrangements;
- Arrangements involving repeated objects.
- Experimental probability (tossing of coin, throwing of a dice etc);
- Addition and multiplication of probabilities (mutual and independent cases).
Jamb Syllabus for Mathematics PDF Download
The Mathematics syllabus PDF File has all you need to know about JAMB Syllabus For Mathematics 2022. Kindly click the below link to download.
Jamb Mathematics Syllabus Recommended Textbook
- Adelodun A. A (2000) Distinction in Mathematics: Comprehensive Revision Text, (3rd Edition) Ado -Ekiti: FNPL.
- Anyebe, J. A. B (1998) Basic Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools and Remedial Students in Higher/ institutions, Lagos: Kenny Moore.
- Channon, J. B. Smith, A. M (2001) New General Mathematics for West Africa SSS 1 to 3, Lagos: Longman.
- David -Osuagwu, M. et al (2000) New School Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publishers.
- Egbe. E et al (2000) Further Mathematics, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publishers
- Ibude, S. O. et al (2003) Agebra and Calculus for Schools and Colleges: LINCEL Publishers.
- Tuttuh – Adegun M. R. et al (1997), Further Mathematics Project Books 1 to 3, Ibadan: NPS Educational
- Wisdomline Pass at Once JAMB.
- How to create a Jamb Profile 2022/2023 – Easy steps Here!
- How to Score Above 200 in Jamb
- JAMB Syllabus for Literature in English 2022 (PDF Download)
- Captain Elechi Amadi Poly HND Admission List 2021/2022 | 1st & 2nd Batch
- UNIPORT Cut Off Mark for 2022/2023 Session (for all courses)
- How to Accept or Reject admission on JAMB CAPS 2022/2023
Subscribe to our website ms-legit.com.ng to get more updates as they come.